1) Breakdown Engineer
• Safety boat, icc power or the willingness to acquire the qualification.
• Driving License.
• Experienced mechanical/electrical engineer, knowledge of marine engines desirable.
• GRP, carpentry, electronics etc skills would be advantageous.
• Able to work independently as well as part of a small team.
• Efficient worker.
• Willingness to improve or learn new skills.
• Safety conscious.
• Resourceful .
Ionian Boat Assistance provides 24 hour breakdown assistance and maintenance to sailing and motor yachts in the Ionian sea. Most of our destinations are only available by sea so we have large powerful rescue boats to enable our engineers to get to the vessel, we also have a fleet of vehicles fully equipped for dealing with major issues. As part of a team of engineers your duties will include being on the rota for emergency call outs as well as booked in maintenance work. Other responsibilities will include ongoing care and maintenance of the breakdown RIBs, company vehicles and workshop tasks.